Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 Commissioner's Year in Review: A Time to Celebrate

Well WAFL owners and fans, this has been a very long and trying off-season as was last years. It presented new challenges and some old ones. Our ownership group is stronger and continues to bond together for the good of this league as we all grow old with it together. It seems like forever ago since we crowned Delaware as 2012 champions - that happened this year too and we certainly should not forget about all of the huge improvements made from season one to season two.

One of the biggest issues this off season has been our game itself, NCAA 13, and our ability to put the best product forward. As we have continued behind he scenes throughout the summer and fall we stand by the fact that we are putting the best simulation product we can possibly provide out there to our owners and fans this Saturday and beyond. We are truly proud of the steps we have taken over the past month to ensure our product continues to raise the standard of simulation football.

The league website is almost ready for 2013 and, as everyone close to the league knows, it has been "almost ready" for quite some time. It was always my hobby to help with multiple redesign projects with the website as myself and my staff grew our web design skills. I am happy to announce CI Design will be launching our business venture next year, thanks in part to the effort to improve our abilities on so many levels.

On a personal note, things got new real fast for me in 2012. An owner, girlfriend, and special human being left my life on a personal level and has become nothing more than memories. She made me happy for four years of my life but was not the one for me in the end. To my new special someone, I officially welcome you to the WAFL family. You have already gotten to know some of our hardest workers quite well and soon enough they will get to know you just as well. To all of you who meant something to me in 2012, big or small, as a friend or co-worker, I appreciate everything you have done to make my life special.

Looking ahead, having analysts in the commentating booth with me and having games broadcasting in better quality, I feel, has been my greatest achievement as your Commissioner in the last three years. I am glad that everything happened the way it was supposed to on that front. Our teams, story lines and schedule are certainly excellent things to look forward too.

The world didn't end - we never thought it would. The world is just beginning. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. My God bless you and your families and keep us all on this world just a little longer so we can enjoy the smaller things in life - like a simulation football league that has become more than just a small piece of life for many of us. I hope it becomes more than that to more fans in the future. I hope to one day have many video game fanatics talking about our accomplishments and one day a football game will come out that is exactly what this league needs.

Here's to the future - here's to us! Thank you owners and fans, you are truly great.

No comments:

Post a Comment